Many athletes from various sporting disciplines, competing from novice to elite levels, have discovered the advantage that Chiropractic gives to their performance.
Athletes benefit from a balanced and healthy spine, and a nervous system free from interference caused by subluxations, allowing them to optimise sports performance.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care:
Through Chiropractic care, athletes report:
- Improved stamina;
- Faster reflexes/hand-eye coordination (eg. tennis players, karate);
- Sharper mental focus and concentration;
- Greater strength and flexibility;
- Faster recovery from injuries;
- Reduced fatigue;
- Comfort levels have improved (eg. cyclists on the saddle).
Famous Athletes Receiving Chiropractic Care:
Dr. Alfie states that:
- Lance Armstrong - Adjusted twice-a-day during every one of his seven Tour de France wins;
- Tiger Woods - Shares the same chiropractor as Lance Armstrong, seen on TV receiving chiropractic adjustments on the green in competition;
- Lleyton Hewitt - Along with several other Australian pro tennis players, receives regular Chiropractic care;
- Archie Thompson - Socceroo and goal-kicking world record holder, receives Chiropratic care with his wife and two children;
- Stuart O'Grady - Australian elite cyclist, Paris-Roubaix winner, receives Chiropractic care along with his Team CSC riders;
- Michael Jordan - American Basketball legend;
- Evander Hollyfield - Heavyweight boxing champ;
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno and other Bodybuilding champs: receive adjustments from Chiropractor and fellow bodybuilder, Franco Columbu.
"We see a lot of athletes seeking help from chronic back pain, neck stiffness and other sporting injuries. Through a comprehensive Chiropractic assessment comprising of a thorough case history, relevant orthopaedic, biomechanical and neurological tests, and relevant radiographic (x-ray) analysis, we seek out the underlying cause of an athlete's pain and symptoms.
From there, we design an appropriate schedule of care that aims to correct the underlying condition causing the symptoms. This may include:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments,
- Remedial massage therapy,
- Nutritional supplementation,
- Advice on stretches, exercises and other lifestyle modifications.
All are aimed to restore proper function, improve movement, and optimise performance."
If you are an athlete and would like to have a chronic condition assessed or would like to know how Chiropractic can improve your performance, call our office today on 9826 3034.
FREE MASSAGE OFFER:
Mention "Sports Optimisation" to receive a FREE 15-minute massage on your first visit.